Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 3 - Staying At Front Royal, VA

Day 3 - October 4 - After a restless night at the Cool Harbor Motel in Front Royal, I awoke to the sounds of heavy rain falling outside. After scanning the weather channels, and looking at weather sites on the MacBook, I finally pulled the plug around 9AM and called the Hotel Floyd and moved my 10/4 reservation to 10/5. Then I went back to bed. Later, the rain stopped and the weather cleared. I toured Front Royal on the RT, but that didn't take long. I went to the Skyline Drive entry point, and for $10 and a look at my driver's license (to prove I was at least 62 YOA), I received a lifetime pass to US National Parks, etc. Not bad. Not much good to say about Front Royal, alas.

Photo: RT covered, sitting in the rain.

1 comment:

  1. Lots of rain in Boston too, so don't worry that we're enjoying any sunshine without you. I'm jealous of your $10 National Parks fee. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete