Saturday, October 30, 2010

Days 23 & 24 - October 24 & 25- At Greenville, SC

   I had an appointment with some folks on Monday October 25 at the BMW Car Club of America, which has its headquarters in Greenville, SC. Overnight, a front came through, the skies opened, and it was clear to me that I wasn't going to Downtown Greenville with that much rain falling. Dwayne Mosely (a fellow BMW CCA ombudsman) picked me up in his very nice M3, and we had a very fine meeting at the BMW CCA.

I had planned to head for Wake Forest, NC after the meeting, but the rain deterred me. I asked the hotel to put up with me for another night, and of course, they did.  Then, just about one PM, the rain stopped, the sun came out, and the sky was blue. Ah well.

For those who don't know, BMW has a major automobile-production plant just outside of Greenville. The company produces X5, X6 SAVs and is just adding X3 vehicles (formerly made in Europe) to those produced there. I went out to see if I could get a plant tour, but was out of luck because of the introduction of the new X3 to dealers and the motoring press. The BMW Zentrum Museum was open, and I made a couple of photos of that place:







All in all, just an OK place. Probably the plant tour would be a pretty good thing to see...but the museum...a little lame.

Next...on to Wake Forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment